Last Updated: April 22, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive updates, request information, fill out a form, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, sign up for an event, create an account, participate in a contest or promotion, make a donation or purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect includes your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, and phone number), credit card and other payment information (which may be collected directly by a third-party processor), and any other information you choose to provide.
In addition, Illinois law and Illinois State Board of Elections regulations may require us to collect certain personal information from certain donors. For example, state law requires us to collect (and disclose to them) the name, mailing address, occupation, and employer of all individuals whose donations to the Campaign exceed $500.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Transactional Information: If you make a donation or purchase, we may collect information about the transaction, such as donation amount, purchase price, product details, and date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device, such as from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device’s memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and to help us understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We and our service providers may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you on our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, support, and improve our Site;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions, and requests and otherwise contact you about your participation in the campaign and the use of the Site;
- Communicate with you about the campaign, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, activities, and volunteer opportunities, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see “Your Choices” below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- To solicit volunteers, donations, and support for the Campaign and for other candidates, issues, and organizations that we support and to connect you with other volunteers;
- Contact you if state or federal election laws require us to request additional information from you;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote and assist you in finding your registration information, polling location, and campaign events near you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize the Site and provide advertisements, content, or features based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and online activities;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the Campaign and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent, which information will not be shared with any third parties, provided that the foregoing does not apply to sharing (1) with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (and who will not use such information for their own purposes); (2) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or to comply with law enforcement or legal process; and (3) if the user consents to our sharing of such information.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, volunteers, and consultants who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, candidates, campaigns, groups, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles, or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- With other participants in a joint fundraising committee;
- To report required information to the Illinois State Board of Elections or other government regulator, including but not limited to name, mailing address of individuals whose contributions exceed $150 and name, mailing address, occupation, and employer, of individuals whose contributions exceed $500;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of the Campaign, its employees, volunteers, constituents, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization or formation of a new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of the Campaign; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button, which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your privacy settings for the relevant social media site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
The Campaign is based in the United States and is directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we, and our service providers, may store, access, or transfer your information to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may request that we update, correct, or delete the information you provide to us by emailing us at [email protected]. However, note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from the Campaign by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use Team JB Alerts and we do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from those who are under 13 years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. Thus, if we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases. We recommend that children between the ages of 13 and 18 obtain their parent’s permission before submitting information over the internet. By using Team JB Alerts, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old, or that you are at least 13 years old and have your parents’ permission to use Team JB Alerts.
Collection and Use of Information
In general, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through Team JB Alerts. We also collect information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile on Team JB Alerts. For example, our registration and login process requires you to provide us with your name, valid email address and password of your choice. When you personalize your profile and use the features of Team JB Alerts, we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of Team JB Alerts, such as your year of birth, gender and other demographic information. We collect information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of Team JB Alerts, such as photos, comments, ratings and other information you choose to submit. We may also collect information about you and your friends, from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. For instance, we may collect your user ID or profile information that you have permitted to be displayed through Team JB Alerts in order to display you as a friend or in association with your profile and collections. When you order our products or services, you will need to submit your credit card or other payment information so that our service providers can process your payment for those products and services. If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your email address and all related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter, including Personal Information, into any postings, comments, or forums within the Team JB Alerts community.
Personal Information from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered, companies who we have partnered with (collectively, “Partners”) or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
E-mail and E-mail Addresses
If you send an e-mail to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form through Team JB Alerts, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide. We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through Team JB Alerts or the social network from which you have connected to Team JB Alerts (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or notifications from a social network or other website with whom you have registered to receive such notifications. We may use this e-mail address to contact you, for things such as notifications of limited edition shop sales and other related information. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving further promotional communications as further detailed below.
Information Collected Via Technology
An “Internet protocol address” or “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. For example, we, or our service providers, may track your IP Address when you access Team JB Alerts to assist with ad targeting.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with Team JB Alerts. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. In order to use our services offered through Team JB Alerts, your web browser must accept Cookies. If you choose to disable Cookies, some aspects of Team JB Alerts may not work properly, and you will not be able to receive our services.
Use and Disclosure of Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used by us to provide you access to Team JB Alerts, to improve Team JB Alerts, to better tailor the features, performance, and support of Team JB Alerts and to offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us, our partners or our advertisers at your request. Additionally, we do share your content preferences and other information with the social network from which you have connected to Team JB Alerts, along with those companies and persons you have asked us to share your information with.
The Ability of others to View your Information
Helping you to protect your information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to publish. You understand that when you use Team JB Alerts, certain information you post or provide through Team JB Alerts, such as your name, profile, comments, posts and ratings, may be shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of Team JB Alerts, including without limitation, chatrooms, bulletin and message boards, along with other public forums. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through Team JB Alerts, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the Team JB Alerts community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of Team JB Alerts available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out personal information to others in public forums online or otherwise. We also share the information you publish with other third parties.
Third Party Sites and Advertising
Team JB Alerts may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit. This Team JB Alerts applies solely to information collected by us through Team JB Alerts and does not apply to these third-party websites. The ability to access information of third- parties from Team JB Alerts, or links to other websites or locations, is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such third-parties, their products, their services, other websites, locations or their content.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
You may change any of your profile information by editing it in the profile settings page. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by contacting us at [email protected], but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Contact and Revisions